A simple habit overlooked? Change now to see the results.
Have you ever wondered why parents and doctors—once upon a time—often suggested drinking more water for a cold or flu? This article shows our body’s progression when we simply fail to drink enough pure water.
- Sneezing and/or Runny Nose: When virus, bacteria, dust, or pollens enter our nose, it triggers the body’s defense reaction by sneezing to purge out these pathogens.
- Cough: If these pathogens were not completely purged out (drinking water affects this!), the remaining pathogens will go deeper into the respiratory tract through the throat and windpipe. The body now activates its second line of defense by coughing to remove the pathogens lodged in the lungs and windpipe. However, we often think that coughing is an illness, and turn to cough syrup and unnecessary dosages of antibiotics or anti-inflammatory medication. By doing so, we unintentionally drive the pathogens further into the body instead of coughing out the germs. As a result, the body enters the third line of defense.
- Loss of Appetite: When we are sick, our body tells us to rest so that it can focus on fighting the pathogens. Yet in times of illness we often force ourselves to eat food. As a result, the body has to divert energy to digest the food. If we have no appetite, fasting may be the best. Increase water intake and fruit/vegetable juices. If we fail this step, our body enters the 4th stage.
- Fever: A high temperature also indicates that the pathogens have entered the bloodstream and the high temperature in the immune system becomes necessary to burn and destroy the pathogens. At 101.3° F, the immunity doubles; at 104° F, the majority of the pathogens would have been destroyed through heat. Yet at this high temperature, we panic and take fever-reducing medicine, supporting the survival of the pathogens. Then the body enters the 5th stage.
- Allergies: Our body’s defense system enters a detox stage to rid the toxins in the blood through the skin. We develop allergies and rashes, which unfortunately, most attempt to treat with antihistamines, skin ointment, steroid cream, etc. to stop the rash and itch, driving the pathogens further into the body.
- Inflammation: To protect the whole body, the pathogens are then surrounded and localized to one location resulting in swelling and tenderness, called inflammation. We then take anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics to attempt to reduce the inflammation, again helping the pathogens. The body naturally enters the 7th stage.
- Ulcer, Sores: The body is very intelligent! For the protection of the entire body, the inflammation will begin to rot, preventing the pathogens from intruding to other parts of the body. Due to the body’s basic nutritional deficiency (minerals, enzymes, vitamins, etc), the ulcer will deteriorate into stage 8.
- Ulcer: localized, hardened and scar tissues: To protect itself, it will self-contain the ulcer, and through time harden so that the pathogens cannot freely move about. Consequently, the affected part malfunctions and discomfort sets in. To reduce the patient’s discomfort, more antibiotics are given. At this stage, 50% (of the pathogens) would have died due to the hardening of the ulcer, while the rest enter stage 9.
- Metastasis, Cancer: In order for the affected cells to adjust to the new condition, it will metastasize due to deficiency in water, minerals, vitamins, enzymes, etc. It takes 10-15 years for a cancer cell to grow to a green bean-size tumor, and all it takes is 1 year to enlarge to the size of an chicken egg. Cancer takes approximately 10-15 years to develop into a malignant stage.
As you can see from these 9 stages, from a sneeze to the malignant stage of cancer, we need to pause at each stage, listen to our bodies, drink more water, give priority to rest, and give our cells their optimal needed nutrition.
Have a great day! #mywaterworks ☔️ #kangen